Elemental Enzymes was established in 2011 with the goal of creating new eco-friendly, sustainable products to increase yield in crops ranging from traditional row crops to many specialty crops. We harness the power and potential of enzymes, peptides, proteins and green chemistries to create novel products and processes aimed at improving performance, disease mitigation and quality for agriculture. The company’s ﬁrst in-market product was produced from the proprietary VersaShield® platform, a process for the creation and stabilization of enzymes and peptides. VersaShield® has been an instrumental inside ingredient to other third-party agricultural inputs.
- Enable sales success by utilizing agronomic expertise to research, train and position the EE portfolio with customers.
- Manage large-scale field trial testing program across multiple specialty crops and trees.
- Generate commercial data used to support product positioning and technical knowledge transfer.
- Generate data used in ongoing R&D evaluations.
- Provide technical support and training to distributors and customers to enable selling with confidence.
- Execute field scale testing programs; Programs include field testing of commercial products and research trials for new product launches or research concepts, collect required data, maintain trials as needed, and collecting harvest data in conjunction with research partners;
- Data management, quality review and timely submission of trial results;
- Work with customer marketing to categorize and validate key product features and benefits for support material Technical support and training for distributors and customers; In-field and classroom agronomic training for key customers;
- Support sales for grower demand events and other face-to-face promotional activities;
- Build profile as technical expert in territory;
- Build presence with customers, key growers and 3rd party consultants;
- Participate in industry events and organizations where appropriate;
- Create awareness with digital media as a technical expert for specialty crops.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree or PhD (preferred) in agronomy, horticulture, crop physiology, weed science, pathology, plant breeding, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience with applied field research or equivalent industry experience, CCA preferred.
- Expertise in multiple specialty crops, with emphasis on citrus.
- Solid understanding of plant improvement through breeding, gene editing, and transgenic approaches preferred.
- Working knowledge of statistics.
- Action-oriented and able to deliver results on challenging timelines.
- Strong organization and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time during peak windows of the North America growing season.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to use technology and analysis tools (Excel, Outlook, web, databases)
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or finger, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Those with this position must be able to work in Biosafety Level 2 Laboratory which can cause more illnesses to those with immunocompromised systems.
Job Location: California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular/ Salary/Non-Exempt
Salary: Competitive base range
Benefits: Employee Stock Options, 401K, Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA/HSA options
Please submit a cover letter and CV/Resume to the job posting for Technical Agronomist on Indeed. References required upon request.