St. Louis, MO
The Laboratory Assistant will join a multidisciplinary team focused on using molecular biology and biochemistry techniques to develop and manufacture biological and chemical products that benefit plants and improve crop yield. The Laboratory Assistant will strive to maintain a clean, safe, and efficient laboratory and assist Elemental Enzymes staff. Qualified applicants should be pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related major.
Elemental Enzymes offers internship opportunities year-round.
• Complete designated Laboratory Assistant duties: cleaning and sterilizing glassware, stocking consumables, maintaining lab equipment and workstations, preparing microbiological media and lab reagents, and organizational tasks, such as inventory.
• Provide support to research scientists and technicians, such as sample prep.
• Learn and practice basic lab safety procedures.
• Interact effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
• Additional responsibilities may be added at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Concurrent enrollment in an arts and sciences or related degree program.
• Understanding of basic biology concepts and methods.
• Understanding of general chemistry concepts and methods.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Proven ability to budget time and manage day-to-day laboratory duties and other assigned tasks.
• Scheduling is flexible, but applicants should be available 15–20 hours per week during normal business hours.
Must be able to lift, crouch, stand, kneel, and work for extended periods of time. This position requires full mobility of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Those with this position must be able to work in Biosafety Level 1 and 2 Laboratories which can cause more illnesses to those with immunocompromised systems.
Headquarters, St. Louis, MO, United States Position
Part-Time/Regular/ Hourly/ Non-Exempt
About Elemental Enzymes
Elemental Enzymes Ag and Turf, is a life sciences company that discovers, develops and produces innovative products to increase crop yields. Elemental Enzymes was founded in 2011 on technology to make and stabilize novel enzymes and has grown to address the agriculture market with enzyme and chemical technologies that have an “outside in” approach to address crop needs. Elemental Enzymes is delivering world class products to top agricultural companies through license and sales opportunities. Elemental Enzymes is looking for energetic, challenge driven staff to continue support of current products and lead its innovative pipeline to market.
Please submit a cover letter and CV/Resume to the job posting for Laboratory Assistant on Indeed. References required upon request. If there are no positions currently open, please feel free to email your submission to email@example.com.